Nikon Coolpix S3300 Digital Camera Review
The Nikon Coolpix S3300 is ideal for those just starting out in digital photography or for enthusiastic youngsters who want to try creating their own photographs without spending a huge amount of money.
Lightweight and colourful, the Nikon Coolpix S3300 is simple to use and comes in a range of fashionable colours such as silver, black, pink purple and brown. It has simple to use yet powerful features such as HD movies, added zoom power, image stabilisation and the ability to add voice memos so you can add sound and notes to your favourite images.
The Nikon Coolpix S3300 has a minimal amount of internal memory available at 42MB, but this is fully expandable via the SD, SDHC and SDXC memory slots. Battery life is good and you should be able to snap around 210 photos before it begins to die, plenty when you’re out for the day.
This compact digital camera is perfect for smaller hands, it’s light and it feels comfortable in the hand whilst retaining a feel of good quality, something that isn’t always the case with entry-level cameras. Although this isn’t the cheapest compact digital camera on the market, when you buy Nikon you know that you’re buying a good brand and this makes for a certain peace of mind.
If you want to get creative, then the Nikon Coolpix S3300 has a variety of pre-programmed scene modes which will enable you to do so, such as Back Light, Beach, Close Up, Fireworks Show and much more.
The 2.7 inch screen is ideal for playback as well as shooting outdoors and you can see the screen in bright, although not always direct, sunlight. Picture quality is good too, as you would expect from a Nikon and any camera which has 16MP; photos appear crisp with great clarity. The built in macro capability also allow you to take pictures in extreme close-up so you can really get closer to nature with this digital camera.
Nikon Coolpix S3300 digital camera specifications:
- Screen: 6.7-cm (2.7-in.), approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment
- Effective Pixels: 16.0 million
- Lens: 6x optical zoom, NIKKOR lens
- Focal length: 4.6-27.6mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 26-156 mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Digital Zoom: Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 624 mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Memory: internal memory (approx.. 42MB), SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
- File formats: Still pictures: JPEG Sound files (Voice Memo): WAV Movies: AVI (Motion-JPEG compliant)
- Shooting modes: Auto, Scene (Scene auto selector, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night portrait, Party/indoor, Beach, Snow, Sunset, Dusk/dawn, Night landscape, Close-up, Food, Museum, Fireworks show, Black and white copy, Backlighting, Panorama assist, Pet portrait), Special effects, Smart portrait
- Movie: HD 720p (default setting): 1280 x 720/approx. 30 fps, VGA: 640 x 480/approx. 30 fps, QVGA: 320 x 240/approx. 30 fps
- Flash: TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- Connectivity: Hi-speed USB
- Charging time: Approx. 2 h 30 min (when using Charging AC Adapter EH-69P and when no charge remains)
- Dimensions: 94.8 x 57.8 x 19.5 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 128 g (including battery and SD card)
Bluezoome works in association with some of the leading UK Online retailers, bringing you reviews and information about top quality products on the market today.
Please use the links below to view this and other Bluezoome recommended products on Amazon UK
For a simple fastrack route to view all Amazon Products - Click here to visit our Amazon Store
Or you can - Shop at Amazon.co.uk