The Asus M5A78L motherboard is a value motherboard ideal for entry-level PCs and suitable for a certain amount of overclocking for more advanced users. The board is simple to install and users report that it rarely suffers from compatibility issues, even when these may have been experienced before.
This Asus board supports AMD processors (see specifications for details) and is a superb option for those looking to build entry to mid-range priced PCs. It is superb value for the specifications and price and does everything that the manufacturer says it does.
Ideal for those who are just starting out on their PC-building career, this mainboard gives everything you could need without the worry that you’re breaking the bank should anything go wrong.
The Asus M5A78L motherboard comes highly recommended and whilst Intel might be running at the head of the processing pack right now, this shows that AMD still deliver high quality, stable processing power for the lower end of the price range. Add to that the excellent reputation that Asus enjoy, and you can’t really go wrong with this nifty little board.
Asus M5A78L-MUSB3 Motherboard specifications:
- CPU: AMD AM3+ FX™/Phenom™ II/Athlon™ II/Sempron™ 100 Series Processors, supports up to 140W, AMD Cool ‘n’ Quiet Technology (www.asus.com for CPU support list)
- Chipset: AMD 760G (780L)/SB710
- Memory: 4 x DIMM, Max 32GB, DDR3 2000/1866/1800/1600 (OC)/1333/1066 MHz EEC, Non EEC, Un-Buffered memory, Dual channel architecture
- System Bus: Up to 5.2 GT/s HyperTransport™ 3
- Graphics: Int ATI Radeon HD 3000 GPU, Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DVI/RGB ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI with max. resolution 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 2560 x 1440 @ 75 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
Hybrid CrossFireX™ Support
- Expansion Slots: 1 x PCIe x 16, 1 x PCIe x 1, 2 x PCI
- Storage: built-in controller, 6 x SATA 3GB/s ports, supports RAID 0, 1, 10, JBOD
- LAN: Realtek®, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller
- Audio: VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- USB: 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- Bios: 16MB flash ROM, AMI Bios, PnP, DMI, v2.0, WfM2.0, BIOS v2.5, ACPI v2.0
- Form factor: uATX 9.6 x 9.6 inch
System requirements: Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Install a 64-bit Windows® OS when you want to install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard