The Asus P8Z77 Socket 1155 motherboard is a great value for money ATX form factor board with 32GB DDR3 memory capability and the new Intel Z77 express chipset. Ideal for everyday use and gaming machines, this mainboard features AMD Crossfire technology for the ultimate in multi-GPU performance.
The board supports a 22/32 nm CPU and features outstanding overclocking capabilities of up to 2400MHz, although it’s recommended that anyone carrying out overclocking should pay attention to cooling and ensure that they have this covered by means of additional fans, if necessary.
The Fan Xpert feature makes this easy however, by offering the most customisable fan options ever to be available on a motherboard. Additionally, another feature exclusive to ASUS is the UEFI Bios, which has multi-language settings, mouse controls and a user-friendly interface.
The board also comes complete with 4 USB 3.0 ports, which offer great speeds and LudicLogix Virtu MVP, for extra responsiveness and boot speeds. This improves frame rates when gaming by around 30-70%, offering excellent visual quality, as well as the ability to work with 100s of gaming stations.
All-in-all, the Asus P8Z77 is a great board for the price, easy enough to install for those who are accustomed to fitting motherboards and the Bios makes it a pleasure to configure.
Asus P8Z77 Motherboard specifications:
- CPU: Intel Socket 1155 for 3rd/2nd generation core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium Celeron Processors. Supports Intel 22 and 32 nm CPU and Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 (www.asus.com for CPU support list)
- Chipset: Intel Z77
- Memory: 4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3, 2400(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs
- Graphics: Integrated Graphics Processor, Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DVI/RGB ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 2048 x 1536 @ 75 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1696 MB, Supports Intel® HD Graphics Supports, AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology, Supports LucidLogix® Virtu™ MVP Technology
- Expansion Slots: 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (blue), 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black), 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 3 x PCI
- Storage: Intel® Z77 chipset : 2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), 4 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10, Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology, Intel® Rapid Start Technology, Intel® Smart Connect Technology
- LAN: Realtek®, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s),
- Audio: Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC- Supports Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking.
- Audio Feature: - Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- USB Ports: 4 x USB 3.0 ports (2 @ back, 2 mid-board)
- Form Factor: ATX 12 x 8.6 inch
- System Requirements: Windows 7 and above, NOTE: not compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 8 ready