The Amazon Kindle Touch ereader uses the very latest in screen technology, delivering clearer, sharper text and making it ideal for reading outdoors.
The new generation of Electronic Ink (E Ink) delivers crisp text unattainable on LCD screens; this makes reading on the Kindle Touch simple and comfortable. Ideal for the book reader who wants to read on the go, this is the best ereader for outdoor use.
The matt screen uses no backlighting and is glare-free, resulting in less eye-fatigue, which can be caused by changing or flickering light on an ereader screen. The uniform contrast ration ensures that readers can enjoy literature in any position as well as one-handed, thanks to the Kindle Touch’s lightweight design.
The built-in Wi-Fi automatically detects nearby networks and stores the login information for the next time the user is within range.
Kindle Touch Wi-Fi allows users to tailor the ereader to suit their needs, with adjustable font styles and sizes, a dictionary and search facility, a sharable note and annotations feature, customisable language settings and a library element to divide ebooks into sections.
This electronic book reader is fully portable and can easily be slipped into a large pocket or handbag. It’s slim, lightweight design makes it the best ereader for anti-glare and its comfort features mean that book readers can immerse themselves in a good read without worrying about aching wrists, tired eyes or sitting position.
The Kindle Touch Wi-Fi ereader also has a popularity feature which allows users to read what millions of other book readers have thought the best part of each individual tome. This highlights passages in the ebook which have been voted for and provides information on the number of votes the section has received.
The share note feature on the book reader also allows users to publically share their thoughts on a book with the Kindle community. This is great for those who enjoy reading book reviews before making an ebook purchase. The Kindle Touch also has a storage capacity of up to 2GB, which allows users to carry up to 1400 ebooks on the device.
Kindle Touch Wi-Fi ereader specifications:
- Display: 6” diagonal display, 600x800 pixel, size: 166mm x114mm x 8.7mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- System requirements: None, wireless feature allows for all downloads
- Storage: 2GB internal
- Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery life: Varies depending on wireless usage and reading time; battery will last for up to a month based on half an hour reading per day
- Charge time: Approximately 3 hours
- Wi-Fi: public/private networks using 802.11b; 802.11b; 802.11n/support for WEP; WPA; WPA2/ no support for P2P and 802.1X authentication
- USB: USB 2.0 micro-B connector
- Supported formats: Kindle AZW; TXT; PDF; MOBI; PRC; HTML; DOC; JPEG; GIF; PNG; BMP (through conversion)
- Security: Password protect feature
- Supported languages: English (UK & US), German, French, Spanish, Italian and Brazilian Portuguese
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty and service included, 2yr extended sold separately to UK customers only