The Sony PRS-T1 ereader is the lightest electronic book reader on the market and comes in a range of stylish colours, offers a superior paper-like touch-screen and Wi-Fi connectivity. This ultra slim book reader has a 1.4GB internal memory which is capable of storing up to 1200 books for the best ereader experience on the go.
The super-clear display uses E Ink technology which makes it easy to read, even in direct sunlight, at any angle. The screen has no back-lighting and is flicker-free, ensuring that reading for long periods of time won’t affect the eyes and cause strain and headaches.
The built-in Wi-Fi gives book readers immediate access to the internet, so that books and other documents can be accessed and downloaded outside of the home and the ereader isn’t reliant on a home computer. The basic browser also allows for users to access external websites in order to discover further information on an ebook before purchase.
The Sony PRS-T1 ereader has 12 built in dictionaries, so readers can be sure they will never be at a loss for words. The ereader also boast a MicroSD slot so that users can further expand the memory capability, giving even more options as to the amount of books carried. This feature is a very valuable one in an electronic book reader as MicroSD cards get larger; currently the highest capacity card available is 64GB, which on this ereader would allow for an incredible amount of ebook storage.
The clear screen on the Sony PRS-T1 allows book readers to zoom in on the display using simple pinching gestures, and the smooth scrolling lets users turn the page at a swipe. The ereader also features a search facility that gives the option to find passages easily and zoom in for further study.
The ereader comes in a choice of three colours, ideal for those wanting something more than the standard silver or black ereader tones; the Sony PRS-T1 gives a choice of red, white or the more sombre black.
Sony PRS-T1 ereader specifications:
- Display: E Ink Pearl Display, clear IR dual touch-screen, 15.2”cm (6”), 16-level grey scale
- Storage: Internal 2GB memory. MicroSD card slot for memory expansion
- Power: Built-in 3.7V DC rechargeable battery
- Battery life: Approx 1 month with Wi-Fi off, 3 weeks with Wi-Fi on (reading EPUB ebooks)
- USB: High-speed USB 2.0
- Compatible formats: ePub, unsecured free ebooks and text files, DRM secure/purchased ebook and text, PDF, TXT, MP3, AAC (not DRM audio), JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Size: 110mm x 173mm x 8.9mm
- Weight: 168 grams
- Audio: Output 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Accessories: Micro USB cable, stylus pen, quick-start guide, reader for PC/MAC
- Minimum System Requirements: MS Windows 7 (32/64-bit), MS Windows Vista (32/64-bit), MS Windows XP (32-bit only), MAC OS X version 10.7 or later, 10.6.6, 10.5.8. Processor: 1GHz Intel processor. RAM: 512MB. Hard Drive: 250MB or more free space required: Internet: Broadband connection recommended. USB: 2.0 and above