The Sony PRS300 is a stylish, intuitive ereader that allows book readers to access all of their material on the go. This electronic book reader is small enough for users to fit into a pocket or handbag, at a tiny 5 inches, and its paper-like display means that it can be read outdoors, even in bright sunshine.
Lighter than the average paperback, the Sony PRS300 can carry hundreds of ebooks at once, meaning your favourite tome is never far away. This also allows booklovers to access a huge amount of material wherever they are.
The battery life on the ereader means that users can enjoy up to two weeks of reading and thousands of continuous page turns, making it ideal for use on long journeys and weekends away.
The advanced screen technology on the Sony PRS300 means that readability is always easy due to no backlighting or flicker and adjustable font sizes. The ereader screen also allows for easy reading even in direct sunlight, at any angle.
The intuitive design of the Sony PRS300 also means that users will never lose their place in a book with this ereader as novels can be called up by author, title or date. Users have the ability to magnify text, read page-by-page and even fast-forward to the end using the super-smooth scrolling.
The Sony PSR300 ereader doesn’t have any outside connectivity so books have to be loaded onto it via PC before use, but with so many books available and the amount of storage on the device, connectivity is not an issue. The electronic book reader is designed to read, wherever you may be.
There are a range of accessories available, at an additional cost, which compliment the Sony PSR300 ereader, including: covers, screen-protectors and a range of power adapters.
Sony PRS300 ereader specifications:
- Display: E Ink Vizplex; 5”; 800x600 resolution; 8-level greyscale
- Storage: Internal flash memory 512MB (approx 350 ebooks), no extendable memory options
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery DC 3.7V
- Battery life: Approx 6800 page turns
- Charging time: 4 hours with USB, 2 hours with optional AC charger
- Compatible formats: EPUB; PDF; DOC; TXT; RTF; BBeB ebooks (Marlin)
- Size: 107mm x 157.5mm x 10.2mm
- Weight: 220 grams
- Accessories: Soft cover, USB cable; Quick-Start guide; eBook library software
- Minimum System Requirements: MS Windows Vista (32 or 64-bit), MS Windows XP (32-bit only), MAC OS X 10.4.9 or later. Processor: 800MHz Intel Celeron class processor or better. RAM: 128MB minimum or 512MB for Windows Vista. Hard Drive: 20MB minimum free space. Optical Drive: capable of reading CD-ROM. USB: USB 2.0 high speed. Internet: Broadband connection required.