When it comes to the world of mobile phones there’s one that stands out above all others. The Apple iPhone 5 is this year’s must have piece of technology, as it sits aloft the highest echelons of the smart phone world. Stunning to behold, this latest edition from Apple is the sleekest and most stylish looking iPhone yet.
As well as a striking appearance the iPhone 5 is 4G ready, so as the latest mobile technology gets rolled out across the UK, anyone who owns one will be good to go, so long as 4G is available in their area, which for many won’t be for a while yet, especially in rural areas.
Enjoy live streaming movies without glitching or buffering in glorious HD, as well as two-way video-calling with unrivalled picture quality; these are just two of the advantages to owning an iPhone 5. You can also download songs in the blink of an eye, as well as being able to download large files far quicker than was ever possible on 3G.
With 16GB of storage, that should be plenty to store your apps, music and video and if not, you can always back them up to another device such as your PC or via iCloud.
Weighing in at 112 grams, the iPhone 5 is lighter than any other smartphone available on the market today. However, Apple haven’t compromised on size, with it being 4.87 inches in length, including a 4-inch display. With the iPhone 5, you get the best of both worlds, a light smartphone with a big screen.
The iOS6 operating system is a great improvement to all its predecessors, so whether you are looking to navigate your way around a town you have never been to, or simply access a social networking site - things have never been easier or more fun. As with all Apple products, you have access to the iTunes Store, which has more apps than any other mobile OS.
iPhone 5 technical specifications:
- Connectivity: 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Glonass, digital compass
- Display: Retina 4” multi-touchdisplay, 1136x640p; 800:1 contrast ratio; Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- Camera: 8MP iSight camera, HD video up to 30fps, Facetime HD with 1.2MP photo and HD video; face detection; LED flash, tap to focus; photo and video geotagging
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion, up to 7 hours talk time on 3G, up to 225 hours standby, 8 hours internet use on 3G LTE or 10 hours over Wi-Fi, audio, up to 40 hours
- System requirements: Mac OS x v10.6.8 or later; Windows XP Home or pro with SP3 or later, iTunes 10.7 or later
- Dimensions: 4.87 x 2.31 x 0.30 inches (H x W x D)
- Weight: 3.95 ounces