The Sonos PLAY:5 is everything you could dream of for the ultimate audio experience. Those who understand and really appreciate music should settle for nothing less than the best possible quality and that is exactly what the Sonos PLAY:5 delivers.
Sonos PLAY:5 has numerous features, all of which have been designed to give you access to a world of music at your fingertips. The five built-in speakers, together with five amplifiers, ensure that the music you listen to is clear and of a superb quality.
No longer do you have to rely on a very expensive set of separates in order to achieve such superior quality, now you can enjoy superior quality on a more compact unit. There are also two mid-range drivers and a powerful sub to guarantee powerful bass. Finally, you can listen to music exactly as the artist intended and enjoy superb clarity, along with hearing every nuance of sound.
Make use of those CD’s by simply connecting your CD player, MP3 or radio through the analogue input. You will also have access to numerous radio stations without having to take the time to tune in or download.
If you have an iPod or iPhone, you can simply plug it into the docking station and you have immediate access to all the music you have already downloaded as well as your personal playlists. You can even use your Apple device as a remote control by simply downloading an app. Don’t own an Apple device? Don’t panic; there’s also an Android app, so all you have to do is download the app and you can use your Android phone or tablet as a control as well.
Start with one box then simply add whenever you want and you don’t have to worry about music being out of sync when you add speakers to further rooms. It’s easy to set up and they can all be done wirelessly. You can also play different music on every system with ease, or have the same tune playing throughout the house.
Sonos PLAY:5 tech specs:
- 5 Class-D digital amplifiers
- Headphone - Auto-detecting 3.5 mm headphone connection.
- Auto line in – Auto-detecting 3.5mm audio line-in connection
- Speakers – five drivers – two tweeters – two 3” mid-range drivers – one 3.5” woofer
- Stereo pair setting – allows you to play two PLAY:5s in the same room with one PLAY:5 serving as the left channel and the other as the right channel
- Audio formats supported – Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files.
- JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- APPLE AIRPLAY MUSIC SOURCES - Connect an Apple AirPlay® music source, such as an Apple AirPort Express® to any Sonos player with line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® in any or every room of the home.Connect an Apple AirPort Express® to any Sonos player via line-in and stream songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® all over your home.
- OPERATING SYSTEMS (FOR STORED FILES) - Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac OS X v10.6 and higher; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- INTERNET RADIO SUPPORTED
- Streaming MP3, WMA
MUSIC SERVICES SUPPORTED:
- Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Cloud Player, AUPEO!, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Slacker® Radio, Songl, Songza, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio™, TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- PLAYBACK MODES: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- NETWORK BRIDGING: 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- STORAGE TEMPERATURE
- 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- POWER SUPPLY
- AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- PACKAGE CONTENTS
- SONOS PLAY:5, power cord, line-in audio cable, flat Ethernet cable, QuickStart guide with Setup CD
- TOP-PANEL LIGHTS
- Indicate player status and Mute status
- 9.15 lb (4.15 kg)
- TOP-PANEL BUTTONS
- Volume and Mute
- DIMENSIONS (H X W X D): 8.50 x 14.40 x 4.80 in. (217 x 365 x 123 mm)
What you need:
- Broadband Internet
- Wireless Router
- Windows® XP or higher
- Macintosh® OS X (10.4 and higher)
What's in the box:
- SONOS PLAY:5
- Power cord
- Flat ethernet cable
- Sonos QuickStart Guide with Setup